Sunday, December 21, 2008

True meaning of Christmas - giving from the heart

Yesterday was the first time I was able to help with the homeless. It was an eye-opening experience. The way the people looked you in the eye and some were so desperate for a connection. I saw Christ in those people and felt His presence amoung us. To give without expecting anything back and for them to know we weren't expecting anything from them. I felt each hot cup of cocoa given was warming my heart also. I know those people have a lot of problems, but at that moment I shared in our humaness. Christ doesn't want us to serve eachother out of obligation or guilt. He wants us to serve eachother to experience his love working through us. He wants to draw us closer to who he is. There is not a better way to spend a cold Saturday - Together with our family and sharing His true meaning of "God with us." Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment